Where to get:
From shops that sell spices and herbs(A lot of them are in the sadar area)Get the genuine stuff(ie only the grounded powder of dried Henna leaves)
How to use:
- Make a paste and leave overnight.This helps the paste to become concentrated and also increase the intensity of the color it will give to your hair.
- Apply the paste in your hair like a hair mask.Leave for two hours(If you are using it as a dye and not as a mask than you'll have to leave it in longer),rinse thoroughly with water and shampoo , conditioner as usual.
A lot of stuff can be added to the Henna paste, like
- Lemon juice-->conditioner
- A tsp of black coffee powder--> to increase color pay off.
- Aloe Vera juice--> Good for hair growth
- Vinegar-->intensifies the color
- Egg/yogurt-->good for haie
- Amla,Reetha,sikakai powder--> Hair growth
Henna primarily is a dye so
- Wear gloves.
- Rinse immediately if gets on nails as it stains them.
- Protect your clothing.If you have gray hair,using henna only for 2-3 hours may give them an orange color (which is really looks weird)
- Not to be used on lighter colored hair(e.g blond hair)simply because i have no idea what will happen;)
- Be sure that you are not allergic to it prior to use.
- Henna has a tendency to dry the hair a bit so use a good conditioner.
- DO NOT USE "BLACK HENNA"(that is not natural henna and is bad for both skin and hair)
Till next time....