I wanted to get the Artdeco primer (I had a whole trip planned to Naheed) but all it took was a helpful sales girl and a cosmetic counter & i ended up with this beauty:)
Now , my observations about the product:
- Half the tube is empty;( (for a product that costs 1100 Rs that really makes me angry)
- It has a creamy consistency.
- No color or odor(which is good)
- I applied it on my eye lids and below my lower lash line for the liner and kajal.
- Works really well for the first 3 hours.no smudging or fading, even keeps my kajal in place (which is a real feat)
- After 3 hours the eye shadow starts fading a bit
- At the 6 hour mark slight smudging at the lower lash line, and the eye shades do loose some of their intensity.
- The result is better than if i had no primer on.
Now there is a definite trick to applying this primer.
First day i applied it directly on my sisters lids (she has got an oil well somewhere on her lids , i swear)and the primer committed suicide before the daunting task of keeping the shadow in place on her lids;) I was so mad! i wanted to strangle the sales girl who sold me the stupid thing.
The next day (after i had a whole night to calm down) i washed my face, moisturized my lids, applied the primer and gave it a few min to get absorbed, than i applied some foundation on my lids, set it with with powder.And applied my eye make up.This time around my make up lasted (more or less intact) for 6-7 hours:)
Now one can argue that the foundation might be doing most of the work.But i have been using my foundation as an eye primer for a long time.And after 3-4 hours my eye make up looks like a grainy pic from an 1820's movie.
In the end,
Would i recommend it? well if your choice is between "no primer & this" than go for it.But if you have something better (which is easily available in Pakistan) tell me too:)
Would i buy it again: No (because i still have a list of few primers i like to try before i make the decision to buy one second time)
Hope this review helped and answered some of your questions.
Till next time:)