Summer is the time for new beginnings and a complete change in skin care priorities.Where winter is all about moisture and keeping the dry and damaged skin at bay , summer is about going light and not trying so hard :-)
Summers here in Karachi are all about sunshine (sometimes brutally so) . Oily T zones , acne and sun burns become the disasters to avoid by anyone who cares about their skin.
Below i have compiled a list of all the products that i use on a daily basis during summer months.My priority is nice looking , hydrated skin.
- BB cream is the name of the game.It is light , it has just the right kind of dewey finish. And it doesn't clog the pores.I love the Maybelline dream fresh bb cream. The shade totally matches my skin tone . link below. http://shahtajmaqsood.blogspot.com/2013/02/maybelline-dream-freash-bb-cream.html
- Of course summer is incomplete without a good lip balm. Two of my favorites this season are the "Maybelline baby lips" (which i have repurchased as i recently used up my last one) and MUA lip balms.The tint is a bonus ;-) link below. http://shahtajmaqsood.blogspot.com/2013/01/maybelline-babylips-moisturizing.html http://shahtajmaqsood.blogspot.com/2012/04/mua-love-hearts-lip-balm-in-sweet-kiss.html
- Max factor eye brightening mascara is great for warm weather.It is not too dark and the brush just picks up enough product to separate the lashes and open up the eyes .No complaints of smudging or clumping of lashes. Review pending
- Artdeco eye liner is the only eye liner that i have ever tried that doesn't smudge on my water line as soon as i put it on.It is my go to liner at the moment. link below. http://shahtajmaqsood.blogspot.com/2013/11/artdeco-soft-eyeliner-in-10-black.html
- Who can forget sunblock..... I am not a fan of heavy sticky sun blocks that make my skin look like a oil spill.This sun block cream by stiefel is just the right size too.You wont have to wait an eternity for it to end if you want to try something new ;-)
- A good pink lipstick is a must in any weather but it really makes the skin glow during summer . My "go to" pink these days is the wet n wild "Think pink" link below. http://shahtajmaqsood.blogspot.com/2013/12/wet-n-wild-mega-last-matte-lipsticks.html